BLOG : OPINIONS

Choose 4-5 of these questions. For each of them, write a 40- to 50-word response describing your personal opinions on the topic.
Total number of words: approx. 230
Leave comments on 3 of your classmates' posts + a comment on my sample post.


What is your
opinion about:

violence on television?
adoption?
having pets at home?
chilean education?
cloning?
recycling?

Immigration?
legalizing marijuana and other drugs?


In my opinion,

PARENTS ARE TOO PERMISSIVE WITH THEIR CHILDREN NOWADAYS


All parents love their children. Parental love is sometimes so big that it makes them blind. Parents don’t usually realize that they can hurt their children when they are too permissive for them. Young people, when they get older, they get used to having everything they want. “Easy come, easy go”- they don’t know how much effort it take to earn money or to go to work on regular basis.

From my point of view, children get spoiled and they often have problems with their personality. They may acquire drug addiction or often they commit crimes. However, if they have rich parents they often get away with these little crimes.

I don’t think my parents spoiled  me. I helped at home a lot. My main responsibility was to learn hard and get good marks at school. I helped a lot at home. I often cleaned  our house. I had my pocket money, too. However, it wasn’t as much as I wanted or needed. I didn’t have everything I wished. In the summer I worked in the garden, picked fruit and vegetables. I also helped in redecoration when it is necessary.

In my opinion this is the right way of bringing up children. Kids should know the value of money and they should be responsible for something. They should also know how much trouble it takes to make money for living.

Comments

  1. I think that more than the issue of permission that parents give their children, are the values ​​that are given, because there are many parents who do not have time to be with children in their jobs and their way of compensating them is to allow them to do everything they want .

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm absolutely agree with you, but i also think that we have to do and combination of two ways: the permissive and the strictly. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being permissive is as bad as being too strict.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the best thing I think is to find a middle point, so that they value things with responsibility ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that currently parents educate their children with a lot of unconsciousness. You have to educate with love but at the same time with discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. his blog made me think!! I feel identified with some things

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, the easy access to material goods and things in general, so that father-child relationships are more permissive, which generates a dehumanization in the child's own vision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's very difficult to raise children because what you think is right can be very harmful for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think same that you, but sometime is diffucult be parent too

    ReplyDelete
  11. my parents would totally agree !!! Teaching values and what responsibility means is very important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog